Wednesday 17 June 2009

Meetings & Fundraisers

It been a busy week so far - I picked up quite a few casework items at Councillors Surgery on Saturday, ranging from housing to environmental issues, so I have been busily sorting them and writing letters to constituents (unlike Mps - us local Councillors cannot rely on our office staff to do our administration for us, we have to do that ourselves). I had two meetings on Monday night one was the Overview & Scrutiny - Concessionary Travel Panel and then I went on to the Andover District Executive Scout Council which I voluntarily sit on.
After a busy day Tuesday - it was off to the curry house for a fundraiser put on by the Harroway Branch of the local Conservatives. It was really well organised by the hardworking Harroway chairman Karen Hamilton so thanks go to her. We enjoyed great curry (courtesy of Mr Iqbal - Curry Garden), great company and of course no Conservative Party fundraiser would be complete with out the traditional raffle. Tonight I am off to the Grosvenor Hotel Stockbridge for a fundraiser for the Romsey and Southampton North Constituency - so no doubt another raffle beckons.

No comments: